Friday, September 28, 2007

Need to stop being so shy

I hate being so shy in certain situations. I come off as being an absolute snob, and it’s fair enough that people think that too. I sadly can see why they think that.


I remember once moving desks at work, and it took me a good 4 weeks to be able to say Hi to the person next to me, even though they seemed perfectly nice, and ended up getting along well after all. I remember going into work n sitting at my desk, and i’d sit there telling myself to say something, to get a convo started, but my shyness got the better of me.


I’ve gotten better, in smaller groups I feel comfy, but in larger ones, I need to work harder on being social.


Went to Phil n Laura’s fancy dress last w/e. That was cool, I knocked up a Little Red Rolling Hood outfit last min, which showed :P and James went as the Big Bad Wolf who put me in the wheelchair  I thought later of things I could have added. Always the way  Photos are on my facebook. Do a search for Ainslee Hooper. You’ll also find photos there of James when he won MVP for baseball on the Friday before the party :D


Laura was Malice in Wonderland, such a cool outfit, and another guy was Captain Jackmeoff. Phil was The Mad Hatter. Impressive lot of outfits, need to put more thought into it next time. Damn lack of imagination  


They were playing The Labyrinth soundtrack that night, so watched it on DVD the next day with James. I hadn’t seen it in years, so was cool to watch.


Uni is nearly over for the semester. One more essay to go. Reading The Communist Manifesto at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it. In Ainsworld, Communism will reign supreme, and it will work!


Placed bets today for the grand final. May as well get some enjoyment out of it  


I miss my server. It decided to break the other week. It decides that there is no longer a hard drive or a cd rom drive, intermittently. Am awaiting for a new server to come in with a new PC. Am going to run a file server/webserver with RAID5 and then my PC. Got rid of Norton today, that made a heap of difference with performance.


James got me a new tshirt yesterday. http://www.xkcd.com/store/witty_shirt_thumb.png


Also want to get this one


http://www.xkcd.com/store/just_shy_shirt_thumb.png


Anyway, enough procrastinating. I’ve put off posting because I miss my blog, but my urge to rant etc got the better of me.


BFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.